Look chic in your new pair of glasses! Phoenix Optical carries a wide variety of frames from some of the top designers.
At Phoenix Optical in St. Catharines, Milton and Mississauga, we aim to provide the best possible services. We want all our customers to have a positive experience.
Did you know that you should have professional eye exams every 1-2 years?
Just like going to the dentist for a check-up and cleaning, or the doctors for a physical, having an eye exam is an important part of preventative health care. By having a licenced optometrist examine your eyes at least every two years, you’re allowing them to track your changes. It’s better to catch issues early so they can be treated. Our optometrists can find early signs of disease and other ocular issues. We aren’t just looking to improve your vision, but your overall health.
What do we look for?
Our comprehensive eye exams look at your eyes both externally and internally. The optometrist will look at how your eyes move and coordinate with each other. They will measure how sharp and in focus your vision is, and check your peripheral vision. You will also be evaluated on how your eyes adjust to different situations, how you see colour, and your depth perception.
Our solutions aren’t just glasses or contacts. Some eye issues can be solved through eye exercises or medications. We will also refer you to specialists when necessary.
If your insurance company supports direct electronic billing, we can submit a claim on your behalf. Whether it’s for full or partial costs. This can cover eye exams for those 20 years of age and up, as well as prescription glasses and contact lenses for the insured parties.
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Cowan Insurance Group
- Desjardins Insurance
- Equitable Life of Canada
- Great-West Life Assurance Company
- Green Shield Canada
- Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
- SunLife Financial
* You do not need a referral from your medical doctor to have an eye exam with us. Simply schedule an appointment. *
All designer frames purchased from either the Milton or St. Catharines Phoenix Optical location come with a 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty. If there are any manufacturing defects we will repair or replace* the frames according to the manufacturer’s policy.
* Replacement will depend on availability *
To prevent damage not covered by the manufacturer’s warranties, be sure to properly care for your glasses and contacts.
Here are the Dos and Don’ts of Lens Care:
- Clean lenses regularly using warm water and a drop of mild dish soap. Dry with a clean soft microfiber cloth
- Use a hard-shell case that is size appropriate
- Set your glasses down with their lenses facing upward
- Use both hands to put glasses on and to take them off (so they don’t become misaligned)
- Keep your glasses in the case when you aren’t wearing them
- Wipe lenses when they are dry. Anydebris or dust on the surfaceor on the cleaning cloth cancause scratches
- Use paper towel or napkins to wipe your glasses. The rough texture can cause scratches
- Use ammonia, bleach, vinegar or window cleaners to clean your lenses
- Leave your glasses unprotected in purses, pockets, or bags
- Leave your glasses on sinks or vanity tops. Sprays, and cosmetics can soil lenses. Hair spray and perfume can cause damage to anti-reflective coatings
- Leave your glasses in a hot car. It compromises the integrity of your glasses.
Frames may warp and lenses could possibly crack